Reynella Village, located at Old Reynella, has been designed to reflect our desire to create a community environment that focuses on a high quality of life and our commitment to provide all residents with opportunities to ‘Live Every Day’. We offer Respite, Residential Living and Independent Living at this location.
Services at Reynella Village
Reynella Village offers short-term Respite to support people with higher level of needs and is generally booked in week blocks. These temporary breaks have a very positive effect on both the physical and emotional well being of the person in respite, as well as the carer.
Respite residents have access to all of the facilities and services of Residential Living and in some instances, this provides a good opportunity for people to experience care in a residential setting before taking up a permanent position. Please refer to the Residential Living section below for details of the facilities and services offered at Reynella Village.
Life Care also provides respite for people with lower level needs at your place, day or overnight stays at our dedicated Respite Centre at Everard Park, called Norman House, as well as a range of activities, outings and social groups. Please visit our Respite section for further information.
The cost of Respite, either in your home or with us, will depend on what type of services you need.
Some services are partly funded by National Respite Carer’s Program. Please call us 1800 555 990 and we will explain all of the options available.
Reynella Village has 36 established and cosy 2 bedroom homes for purchase. All are spacious and well appointed with large lounge and dining areas, well equipped kitchen and a generous bathroom. Each home is fully insulated, has reverse cycle air-conditioning, built-in robes, private patio and shared gardens maintain by Life Care. Private outdoor storage is provided and garage spaces are available for hire.
We also have 22 Serviced Apartments for rent featuring a large lounge and kitchen area, a bedroom and bathroom. Serviced Apartment residents receive in-home breakfast provisons plus lunch and dinner in the communal dining room. Residents are also encouraged to use the amenities and services at the Residential Living facility.
Life Care can also help to coordinate appointments and access to a range of allied health care services, including physiotherapy and podiatry. Personal 24 hour monitored alarms are also available.
Reynella Village is a quiet but active community featuring a large community hall with games room, library, café and hairdresser. Excursions and social activities are organised and a community bus service is available.
Reynella Village offers Independent Living homes for purchase and Serviced Apartments for rent.
- Homes for purchase - All homes are for purchase at current market value. This payment is an interest free loan to Life Care for the duration of the agreement and is referred to as a ‘Licence to Occupy’. When a property becomes available, a $5,000 deposit is required to secure the home until it is occupied. This amount is fully refundable if you change your mind. When the home is vacated, the refund is based on 75% of the market value of the home at that time.
- A maintenance fee is charged fortnightly and covers council and water rates, property insurance, and ongoing maintenance and gardening services.
- Serviced Apartments for rent - Rent is charged fortnightly for the Serviced Apartments. This covers council and water rates, property insurance, mowing of the lawns and ongoing maintenance on grounds and buildings.
- All residents are responsible for their own gas, electricity, phone connections and accounts and home furnishings.
Call our Enquiry Team on 1800 555 990 or download the Reynella Village Independent Living information sheet. Included is a Registration of Interest form for you to complete if you would like to be contacted when a suitable property becomes available.
Reynella Village Residential Living features a wide range of indoor and outdoor areas for residents and their families to enjoy. They include several communal lounges and dining areas, a library, designated activity rooms, an enclosed courtyard, atrium activity hall, and a hairdresser.
Our resident rooms are in small groups of 12-15 with a shared dining area where they enjoy meals from an á la carte menu cooked on-site. Rooms are designed to maximise natural light and offer garden or street views. Residents are encouraged to personalise their rooms with their own chairs, pictures and small mementos and make it individual, homely and familiar.
Residents are encouraged to maintain contact with their existing external communities and clubs wherever possible and Life Care helps to facilitate this. There are also regular social outings and activities on site, including external excursions.
Residents’ health and well-being is supported by allied health professionals, their visiting doctor and Life Care’s caring and skilled team.
Available at Reynella VIllage
• On-site library supported by Onkaparinga Library
• Daily papers (communal areas)
• On-site laundry of personal items
• Postal service
• Computer with internet access
• Non-denominational chaplaincy and church services
• Daily activities
• Community hall, games room and kitchen
• Life Care Active classes
• Resident animals and visiting pets allowed
• Meals for visitors*
• Dedicated lounge/visiting areas
• Community bus service
• 24 hour nursing care
• Allied health services: Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Dietetics, Dentistry, and Speech Pathology*
*Additional fees may apply
PricingDownload Price Guide
The aged care system in Australia aims to make sure that all older people can receive support and quality care when they need it. The recent Government aged care reforms mean that all people entering residential living after 1 July 2014 have more flexibility and choice about how they pay for their accommodation.
When you move into Life Care Residential Living, there are four types of fees that you may be asked to pay. These include:
Basic Daily Fee - This is a contribution towards day-to-day living costs such as meals, laundry, cleaning and heating. This is set at 85% of a full pension and for some people, this may be the only fee they pay.
Means-tested Care Fee - This is an additional contribution towards the cost of care that some people may need to pay on top of the basic daily fee. The amount you are required to pay will depend on an assessment of your income and assets undertaken by the Department of Human Services (Centrelink).
- Accommodation Payment Fee - This is a payment for your accommodation. Some people may have this paid in full or in part by the Australian Government, while others will need to pay the accommodation price themselves. The Department of Human Services will advise which applies to you depending on your income and assets. You then have the choice as to whether to pay a lump sum, a daily payment or a combination of both. Our MAXIMUM published accommodation price has been set as shown. We are able to negotiate an agreed accommodation payment UP TO this amount, but we cannot charge more than this amount. We welcome and encourage you to talk to our Enquiry Team about what you can afford to pay to cover the cost of your accommodation with us.
- Optional Additional Fees - These fees may apply if you choose to pay for a higher standard of accommodation and/or additional services, such as hairdressing, individual newspapers and some excursions.
If you would like more information about Reynella Village’s accommodation and room pricing please call us on 1800 555 990 or download the Reynella Village Residential Living information sheet.
Aldinga Beach CourtVacancies Available
Hayfield PlainsVacancies Available
Parkrose VillageVacancies Available
Norman HouseVacancies Available
Glenrose CourtVacancies Available
Gaynes Park ManorVacancies Available
Reynella VillageVacancies Available
Life Care Active
View All Our Locations
The Next Step
We understand that you may have many questions before making your final decision. We're here to help and would be happy to talk to you about all the options and what needs to happen next.
Phone our Enquiry Team on 1800 555 990 and start the conversation with us.(3.33 MB)