Parkrose Village, located in the quiet leafy suburb of Everard Park, has been designed to reflect our desire to create a community environment that focuses on a high quality of life and our commitment to provide all residents with opportunities to ‘Live Every Day’. We offer Respite, Residential Living and Independent Living at this location.
Services at Parkrose Village
Parkrose Village offers short-term Respite to support people with higher level of needs and is generally booked in week blocks. These temporary breaks have a very positive effect on both the physical and emotional well being of the person in respite, as well as the carer.
Respite residents have access to all of the facilities and services of Residential Living and in some instances, this provides a good opportunity for people to experience care in a residential setting before taking up a permanent position. Please refer to the Residential Living section below for details of the facilities and services offered at Parkrose Village.
Life Care also provides Respite for people with lower level needs at your place, day or overnight stays at our dedicated Respite Home at Everard Park, called Norman House, as well as a range of activities, outings, social groups and support. Please visit our Respite section for further information.
The cost of Respite, either in your home or with us, will depend on what type of services you need.
Some services are partly funded by National Respite Carer’s Program. Please call us 1800 555 990 and we will explain all of the options available.
Parkrose Village has 15 charming 2 and 3 bedroom homes for purchase each with large lounge and dining areas, well equipped kitchen and a generous bathroom. All are fully insulated with reverse cycle air-conditioning and built-in robes. Each has a private courtyard, outdoor storage and garage plus shared gardens maintained by Life Care.
Available for rent are 24 pleasant 1 and 2 bedroom homes with lounge and dining areas, well equipped kitchen and bathroom. All are fully insulated with reverse cycle air-conditioning and built-in robes.
We also have 7 studio bedsitter units that offer an open plan room with both living and sleeping areas and includes a private rear yard. Parking and garage spaces are available on request.
Life Care can also help to coordinate appointments and access to a range of allied health care services, including physiotherapy and podiatry. Personal 24 hour monitored alarms are also available.
Residents are encouraged to use the shared amenities and services available at Parkrose Village. These include a library, café, shop, postal service, hairdresser and community bus service to Castle Plaza.
Parkrose Village offers Independent Living homes for purchase and rent.
Homes for purchase - All homes are for purchase at current market value. This payment is an interest free loan to Life Care for the duration of the agreement and is referred to as a ‘Licence to Occupy’. When a property becomes available, a $5,000 deposit is required to secure the home until it is occupied. This amount is fully refundable if you change your mind. When the home is vacated, the refund is based on 75% of the market value of the home at that time.
A maintenance fee is charged fortnightly and covers council and water rates, property insurance, and ongoing maintenance and gardening services.
Homes for rent - Rent is charged fortnightly. This covers council and water rates, property insurance, mowing of the lawns and ongoing maintenance on grounds and buildings.
All residents are responsible for their own gas, electricity, phone connections and accounts and home furnishings.
Call our Enquiry Team on 1800 555 990 or download the Parkrose Village Independent Living information sheet. Included is a Registration of Interest form for you to complete if you would like to be contacted when a suitable property becomes available.
Our Residential Living at Parkrose Village features a wide range of indoor and outdoor areas for residents and their families to enjoy. They include a shop and café, a modern hairdressing salon, a library serviced from Mitcham Library, deluxe massage room, billiards room, activity hall and chapel, several resident lounges, outdoor courtyards and attractive gardens as well as an indoor aviary.
All our rooms are well appointed with quality soft furnishings and welcoming décor are designed to maximise natural light and offer garden or street views.
Residents enjoy meals from an á la carte menu cooked on-site in the various dining areas and socialise in the many communal lounge and activity areas.
Residents are encouraged to maintain contact with their existing external communities and clubs wherever possible and Life Care helps to facilitate this. There are also regular social outings and activities on site, including external excursions.
Residents’ health and well-being is supported by allied health professionals, their visiting doctor and Life Care’s caring and skilled team.
Available at Parkrose Village
• Café and Shop
• On-site library supported by Unley Library
• Daily papers (communal areas)
• On-site laundry of personal items
• Postal service
• Computer with internet access
• Non-denominational chaplaincy and church services
• Daily activities
• Billiards room and community hall
• Life Care Active classes
Resident animals and visiting pets allowed
• Meals for visitors*
• Dedicated lounge/visiting areas
• Community bus service
• 24 hour nursing care
• Allied health services: Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Dietetics, Occupational Therapy, Dentistry, Pharmacy, and Optometry*
*Additional fees may apply
For more details on our accomodation/room pricing, please download our Parkrose Village Residential Living Information.Download Price Guide
The aged care system in Australia aims to make sure that all older people can receive support and quality care when they need it. The recent Government aged care reforms mean that all people entering residential living after 1 July 2014 have more flexibility and choice about how they pay for their accommodation.
When you move into Life Care Residential Living, there are four types of fees that you may be asked to pay. These include:
- Basic Daily Fee - This is a contribution towards day-to-day living costs such as meals, laundry, cleaning and heating. This is set at 85% of a full pension and for some people, this may be the only fee they pay.
- Means-tested Care Fee - This is an additional contribution towards the cost of care that some people may need to pay on top of the basic daily fee. The amount you are required to pay will depend on an assessment of your income and assets undertaken by the Department of Human Services (Centrelink).
- Accommodation Payment Fee - This is a payment for your accommodation. Some people may have this paid in full or in part by the Australian Government, while others will need to pay the accommodation price themselves. The Department of Human Services will advise which applies to you depending on your income and assets. You then have the choice as to whether to pay a lump sum, a daily payment or a combination of both. Our MAXIMUM published accommodation price has been set as shown. We are able to negotiate an agreed accommodation payment UP TO this amount, but we cannot charge more than this amount. We welcome and encourage you to talk to our Enquiry Team about what you can afford to pay to cover the cost of your accommodation with us.
- Optional Additional Fees - These fees may apply if you choose to pay for a higher standard of accommodation and/or additional services, such as hairdressing, individual newspapers and some excursions.
If you would like more information about Parkrose Village’s accommodation and room pricing please call us on 1800 555 990 or download the Parkrose Village Residential Living information sheet.
Aldinga Beach CourtVacancies Available
Hayfield PlainsVacancies Available
Norman HouseVacancies Available
Glenrose CourtVacancies Available
Gaynes Park ManorVacancies Available
Reynella VillageVacancies Available
Life Care Active
View All Our Locations
The Next Step
We understand that you may have many questions before making your final decision. We're here to help and would be happy to talk to you about all the options and what needs to happen next.
Phone our Enquiry Team on 1800 555 990 and start the conversation with us.(53.7 KB)